Monday, March 12, 2007

MOM IN TRAINING

Well it has nearly been a month since my last post. I'm sorry to say that blogging has just not been a priority the past few weeks. I tried to get into my blog earlier but I tried for 10 minutes and couldn't remember my own password. I don't know what the problem was cuz I had no trouble now.
It has been a long 3 weeks for me as I have been in training at my new job at the bank. By the end of this week it will have been a month since I started and I will have worked near 100 hours above and beyond my regular job as a Mom. Needless to say, I am extremely tired. Despite the fatigue, I know I am really going to enjoy being a teller when I go to 2 days a week starting next week. Codes and different kinds of transactions are really making sense to me now and I am happy to announce I have balanced at the end of every day! Yahooo!
It has been quite an adjustment for everyone, but with lots of help from Gramma, the boys fared well in the adjustment.
This past Saturday we joined an 18 week seminar called Growing Kids God's Way! We both think that this will be an eye opening and great learning experience for both of us. A definite worthwhile investment we thought. We were informed that there would be a fair bit of homework each week and practical application. Dwain's wasn't too happy about the homework part!!
Last Thursday we had a little accident on the farm. Dwain was lowering the lawn tracker from the second story of the barn and the steel forks that the tractor was sitting on folded and the lawn tractor fell from the second floor upside down on the concrete below. It made quite a mess and was very mangled. We think it is a right-off but we don't know yet. Insurance is in the process of assessing it. We are hoping so because even if it gets fixed it it will never run the same again. We're cheering for a new one. I am so thankful that Dwain wasn't hurt or that someone wasn't watching him from down below.
Well, gotta get to bed. I'm not the night owl I was a month ago. It's already past my bedtime.
Bye for now!

4 comments:

Fiona said...

Yippee! She's back. Glad to hear you're alive and well. Can't wait to hear the details of the job next week ... oh yeah, and there's a small detail about a roast? Looking forward to it. See you soon.

Lovella ♥ said...

I almost didn't check today because I thought there was no use and then I thought I better and I'm glad I did.

Wow farm accident, praise God no one was hurt.
I'm glad to hear that your job training is going so well, not that I doubted your ability. You are one smart cookie.

Kudos to you and Dwain for participating in parental classes. What a benefit to pick up any small bit of wisdom from the experts. Poor Dwain, I hope the homework dosen't do him in. Tell him I'll make him a Paska if he does all his homework.

L&D said...

Well hello and welcome back. Glad to see life is treating you well despite the exhaustion and near miss accident.

Otis, Indee and Tobee too!! said...

if you come over on friday night, bring a bone.