Tuesday, February 20, 2007

BOWLING AND A NEW JOB FOR MOM!

Well I thought I'd give you a little update on the whole bowling experience with Ryan's preschool. I thought it was fun although I didn't get to play. Ryan on the other hand, along with many other kids wanted to quit after 6 turns. We went 5 pin bowling and most of the kids couldn't really throw it. Despite the fact that my video camera had a dead battery after a full night of charging and my camera kept turning off on me after every picture, I managed to get these. Nobody focused on the score but I had to get a few shots cuz Ryan was winning up until close to the end. He quit trying and started to basically just drop it. I didn't tell him he was winning but I was feeling just a little competitive when I saw him get the pins down.
We all enjoyed some pizza afterwards and then headed home.


Tuesday was my first day of work at the bank. I think it's going to be great. The ladies there are so nice. The boys dropped me off this morning and it felt sort of weird. They rolled down the windows in the truck and were waving goodbye as I walked to the door. A few I Love You Mom's and I was off to work. It was different this time for me. When I went back to work after Ryan was born it was horrible. I cried in the morning and was sort of a mess. This time I was so okay with the whole thing. I was ready for this and really enjoyed learning today! I was thinking throughout the day that it was feeling like the beginning of a new phase in my life. A little tiny bit of something for myself. I have to say that I have a very thankful heart today. Thanks Lord for my new job!
My Supervisor seems to like me. She called me a nut a few times while we were laughing and figured I'd fit right in with my sense of humor. She said that I think like her. We'll see if that's a good or bad thing!!heehee. Well gotta run.

4 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

well I'm so glad that your day went well. You just brighten a room with your cheerfulness. I sure you'll all be pals. So, Ryan has the knack of bowling eh? I hope he had fun. He certainly had the stance figured out in the pictures.

Fiona said...

I love how Ryan's toes are just a little bit over the line. So cute. I'm so happy for you that you're enjoying your new job. I wonder if anyone will run to answer the phone and trip on their own pant leg and you and her will laugh so hard you'll cry. Not that I know of anyone that that happened to, but it would be funny! ;) How could they not love you? You're very fun to be around. Love you. Fion

L&D said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog and "outing" yourself! It's fantastic to meet you. I'll be sure to read your blog as I now have you bookmarked.

heidi said...

found your blog through your comment on darla's...saw your husband's picture and had to let you know that he taught me sunday school when i was in gr. 2! (also you may remember me as being a girlfriend of colin's once) blog world is a small world :)