Monday, October 15, 2007

THE QUILTS ARE ALMOST DONE! AND SO AM I!!


Well, I've been a busy girl. Last Christmas I posted a picture of the fabrics I got for Christmas. Dwain bought me fabric to make the boys Christmas quilts. I wanted to do something bright and cheery! Today I got them back from the long arm quilting lady. She did an awesome job! All I have to do is put the binding on them and they're done. These are my first professionally quilted blankets and I made them for the boys to use only for the month of December each year. They will be ready for their bunkbeds December 1st. I look ahead and someday see them on my own grandchildren's beds. It was fun because the boys are actually really excited about them. They have seen them transform from a bunch of fabric, to strips, to blocks, to rows and then a top of a blanket. They each picked their own flannel for the back. Lovella was kind enough to let me use her wonderful sewing machine she got for Christmas last year to monogram a special message on the bottom corner block of each quilt. "Handmade with Love for Ryan/Jacob From Mom, December 1st, 2007." Thanks Auntie! I actually have the 3rd quilt already cut out and ready to put together as I got enough fabric to make 3 quilts.
Go figure that one! Someone knew the family was going to grow!



Today marks my 4 week 5 days to go! The countdown is on. Lastweek I became a proud auntie for the second time. Check out Sweet Abundance in my favourite blogs to see my nephew Liam! He really is a little pumpkin!!

2 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

Lori, your quilts are wonderful. What an awesome mom you are. I know that you put love into each and every stitch.
You look wonderful too. I just think you are beautiful. I'll also be counting down the days until your little one arrives.
What an exciting time.

Fiona said...

Great job on the quilts! They are awesome. I can't wait to see them in person. Those are some lucky boys. I agree with Lovella. You look beautiful (your hair is very full and volumous in those pics at the end ... nice!) and I cannot wait to meet your new little one.