Saturday, October 13, 2007

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!


Well I survived!! My firstborn officially started school! This is Ryan on his first full day of Kindergarten. I had the same smile on my face as I took this picture but my heart was feeling a little different. I didn't have tears until I drove home by myself. The first couple of weeks were a little tough on me, yes me, but I am slowly adjusting to it. Ryan is loving it although sometimes he has had some anxiety he never complains and is doing well. I'm a proud mamma!! He is a very brave boy!
The month of September was a huge month of firsts for Ryan. He finally did it!! Ryan got on his old little bike without training wheels and rode for the first time without any help! The expression on his face was like he couldn't believe he was doing it himself. Look mom, no training wheels! "I can hardly believe it he says!" This time the smile on my face was as big on the inside as the out! Although I did almost shed a tear at the sight of him riding the bike too!
I'll see if I can upload the clip here.
I've missed alot of bloggin this summer. I wasn't feeling inspired or motivated to sit at the computer and write a post. But here I am now at the computer feeling driven to document my summer. I believe I am nesting as they call it!
We had a family holiday to Kelowna which was alot of fun as well as hosted two Japanese boys in August. They were totally awesome! They fit right in with us and the boys couldn't get enough of them. We are scheduled to host some short term students come the end of February but for now we are taking a break!
For Thanksgiving we made a thankfulness tree.
The boys each took turns saying what they were thankful for. Here's a picture of the tree! The list of thankfulness goes like this: Toy Cars (green ones), Food, Cookies, Sleepovers, my new fast flame bike, brothers, mommy, daddy, Ryan, Jacob, baby, cameras, blankies, and trees. Not a bad list. When Ryan was asked at school what he was thankful for he said BUNKBEDS!! I am so glad my boys love eachother so much! Sharing a room at 3 1/2 and 5 years old does not come without its challenges but so far it's working out to my satisfaction.
I also recently finished my fall tablerunner that I started before Jacob was born. 3 1/2 years sitting in my closet was long enough when I figured if I didn't finish it now it may well be another 3 1/2 years. So it is complete and on display!
Well I think I am caught up! That feels good! Have a great day!!

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Hey, new posts! Very fun. Cool that Ryan's in school and riding his bike without training wheels. Wow. They're growing up so fast. Good thing you're having another one. :) I love that he's thankful for Green Toy Cars. So cute.