Saturday, November 11, 2006

GOOD INTENTIONS AND HOCKEY PUCK BISCUITS

Today was supposed to be a clean the house all day kinda day! My intentions are always good when I go to bed the night before when I tell myself, tomorrow I'm gonna get all that stuff done I've been putting off. Well, another day went by and I only got my bedroom half cleaned and 3 loads of laundry done. I am so far behind in my laundry that when I was sorting it this afternoon I found a shirt that I didn't even remember I had! I guess that's kind of a bonus but at the same time it's pretty pathetic.
The boys seemed to need something different to do this afternoon so I decided that I would bake some biscuits with them. I'm generally a pretty good baker, but today was an exception! Our intention was to make Sky High Biscuits. Instead we made hockey pucks! I pre measured all the ingredients in containers for the boys before we started but they were so eager, everything got dumped in all at once. The boys didn't seem to care, they inhaled their masterpieces smothered with peanut butter and honey!!
We also got a little crafty this afternoon and made some foamy 3D Christmas trees. I found them at Micheals Craft store and they came with miniature foam candy, and other decorative stickers. We had fun doing that!
Lastnight, really spur of the moment, I got invited to go to a movie with my friend Fiona and some of her friends. We went to go see Stranger than Fiction! I'm not quite sure how I would even rate it but just the going out with some gals was a 10!! Thanks for taking me out Fi!
So that's the kind of day it has been! Till next time...

" To be capable of steady friendship and lasting love are the two greatest proofs, not only of goodness of heart, but of strength of mind".
William Hazlitt

2 comments:

Fiona said...

Hey, even though they looked like hockey pucks, I was here and they smelled GREAT! But then again, your cooking/baking always smells great and makes my mouth water. Thanks for coming to the movie. I know it was spur of the moment and I was surprised that you came, but I think it's good to get out with the girls every once in a while (ok, that's all I ever do .. maybe it's time for me to get out with some guys ... that's another story). :P Love ya, Fion

Lovella ♥ said...

Congratulations to you for recognizing that those boys are growing up fast and your time is not wasted on an afternoon and baking up memories. The thing I've realized is that those memories are not only for them but someday they'll mean the world to you.
Blessings