Friday, November 17, 2006

CLEANIN,CRAFTIN & PIGGYBACK RACIN!!!

Wow, what a busy week. There hasn't been much time to write. I have been very busy working on getting our house ready to decorate for Christmas. Ready to decorate you might ask!?! Well, yes, I seemed to have developed this querk about me that makes me feel that I need to have all those fall cleaning chores done. Such as cleaning out the storage room, reorganizing the bookshelves, major dusting and soo on! The dusting always really gets me. Living on a chicken farm it never looks like I even dust. It's almost pointless to even bother! Hey, maybe I'm onto something there!
Well the weather was pretty crazy around here this week. The power was out in many places all around us. Our generator was raring to go but we didn't need it. We've had so many bad experiences with power failure this past year and a half that we think the Lord spared us. It seems that whenever we get the extreme weather, hot,cold or windy, we always seem to be a day or so before shipping when the power decides to fail. We were thankful that we didn't have to worry about it this time.

This week I met with my Essential Six. This is a quilting club that I started with some of my relatives on the Peters' side. Everyone is off to a great start. I think next time I am going to take some pictures to post so you can see what everyone's project is looking like. The quilts are all going to be fab! I look forward to this time with my family! Here's a pic of how mine is developing.
Tonight I made farmer sausage and perogies for dinner. That's one of Dwain's favorites. We were going to go into town this evening but we decided to put up the small Christmas tree in our family room instead. I know, I know, I know, It's only November 17th!!! I say who cares, I love this season and it gets me into a festive mood.
This is the kids tree. They decorate it with what they like and they can sort of play with it and re-decorate it over and over (and they do!). I am curious to see what other things get put on the tree this year. Last year, I would regularly notice new things on the tree. Ryan would find something that he thought was a treasure and it would immediately go on or in the tree. We also made foamy snowflake ornaments tonight with sequins and foamy stickers. I think Dwain and I had the most fun. When we were finished, the boys very enthusiastically put the snowflakes on the tree. Then we had a few piggyback races around the familyroom (probably not enough to burn off the sausage and perogies though) and then we watched Frosty the Snowman. All in all I'd say it was a pretty great day for all of us!
Well, once again I am typing and you're all sleeping (and I don't mean because you've just read my blog.) It's 1am so I think I'll try and catch some of those zzzz's myself! Ya'll come back now ya hear :)

2 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

Lori your quilt is beautiful. You appear to be in a domestic frenzy. The comment you left for me or perhaps for my dear man caused great merriment. (at least for me)

Lovella ♥ said...

nothing new to report? Surely you must have some "chill to the bone north eastern" story to report. Maybe a pictrue or two of the chil'ns all bundled up?