Wednesday, November 8, 2006

A BLESSING X6

Well, I finally decided to start a blog. And here it is. A work in progress! (Just like me!). This past weekend I had the opportunity to attend a Women of Faith Conference with some of my friends. I had a great time and was very encouraged. Not to mention refreshed just having my thoughts to myself for nearly 2 days. One of the keynote speakers reminded us to not focus so much on life's little inconveniences, instead, focus on spreading contagious joy to others!! What a great message!
Recently I have been very blessed. And A Thankful Heart I have!! For quite awhile now I have been praying every once in awhile that the Lord would send someone my way that I could share my hobbies with. I am always busy making something. In a nutshell, here's how it came about. Just a couple of months ago I became an Auntie for the very first time. And I must say that I am a very proud one to say the least. I can still remember the squeal that came out of me when Dad said It's a Girl!! It was one of those moments when you think to yourself, "Did I just do that?!?" Most of you know that I can be one crazy chick sometimes but I think I really took Dad by surprise with the squeal and modest boogie I did in the back of his John Deere Gator. Let's just say I'm very expressive and leave it at that!! Well my niece had arrived and I wanted to make her a keepsake so I chose to make her a quilt. I gave it to her at her babyshower and several of my cousins said that they would love to be able to make something like that. At the time, I didn't think that it was something that they would all actually do. A few days past and I thought, why not email them and see if anyone wants to actually do it. To my surprise, they all did. So not only did my prayer get answered. It got answered 6 times!! Thanks Lord! Lastnight was our first get together. It was fun for sure! So far there are six of us. My sister-in-law Natalie (which in future entries will be identified as "my sister"), my aunt Lovella(which in future entries by request of the auntie herself be addressed as"Lovella"), cousin's Bea, Colleen and Tania. I wish my other sister-in-law (sister) Tammy could have been there but she lives in Barry, ON. I think I'll try praying her back here! Along with my niece! and Tammy's other half!!
Well I am pretty sure I will be writing most of my posts at insane hours. Right now it's 12:45am. I enjoy it late at night when all is quiet in the house. I'm signing off now, leaving you with this thought.

"Those who bring sunshine into the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves"

James Matthew Barrie

4 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

Contagious joy! What a wonderful name for your new blog. May God bless you as you share your thankful heart with others through your thoughtful posts.

Heidi Peters said...

Ahh Lori, you made me cry this morning. I enjoyed your blog. You are full of life and I love that about you. I will certainly check back often.
Heidi

Fiona said...

Hey girl. Welcome to the world of blogging. It's soooo much fun! Knowing how crafty you are, I know you'll be really good at blogging too. I look forward to reading your entries. Thanks for being my buddy. Love ya, Fion

Fiona said...

Oh yeah, I put you as a link on my list of fellow bloggers on my blog. Hope that's ok. :P