Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A VISIT FROM MY AUNT

Hey there! I really seem to be on a roll with this bloggin thing again! It's not like I have more time to do it but I've put a few projects on the backburner for awhile. Anyway, my Aunt and Uncle from Kimberley stopped by this week to visit us. I rarely see them but they came to see us when I was 7 months pregnant and now again. They wanted to see our baby girl while they were out to see my Grandma.

I grew up just around the corner from where we live now and it seems like just yesterday that I would be standing in the bathroom watching my Aunt Fenny put in her contact lenses and put on her makeup. She always seemed to wear more than my mom. I thought she was so glamourus! Bright shimmery blue or green eyeshadow and liquid blush was the big thing then. She had a special little greeny blue suitcase that she kept all her makeup and contact lense stuff in. I remember following her to the bathroom to watch her "put her eyes in" is what I think she called it. She probably wondered what the big deal was but all the same she would humor me and tell me step by step all the stuff she would do to clean her contacts before she put them in her eyes. I was mesmerized. Watching her put on her make up was just as exciting. Funny how that it's all still so vivid in my mind 30 years later.

Anyway thanks for stopping by Aunt Fenny and Uncle Ron. Hope you got your computer set up so you can read this!!

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Cute. My niece does the same thing to me when I go to their house. I always think it's a big odd, but I indulge her. Now hearing how you remember it so fondly, I will find it special when she watches me. :)

Thanks for having me over last week. It was great to hang out and catch up. I now realize that I didn't take pictures of your amazing dinner or your beautiful daughter. I guess we were too caught up getting caught up. :) We'll have to do it again soon and take pictures this time. I got more quilt fabric, so I definitely have to come show you.