Friday, December 8, 2006

O' CHRISTMAS TREE!!

I can't believe how fast December is passing by! On any given year you can count on me having my Christmas tree up by the second week of November. Yes, I know that it is early, but I like to spread out my decorating. The third weekend in November the tree simply gets fluffed up. Then the last weekend in November I put all the lights on. Then the first weekend in December is when the tree gets fully decorated. Well we are now coming up on the second weekend of December and I am happy to announce that my tree is finally done! I don't know why it took me so long this year. But now that it's done I feel like I can get on with other things. Here are a few other things that have been keeping me busy lately.

November 25th we celebrated Ryan's 5th birthday!! Although his birthday isn't really till the end of December, we decided that we would set November 25 as the day we celebrate his day with his friends. It gets so busy at Christmas time, most families don't have time to fit in a kids birthday party! So he decided he wanted a Lightning McQueen birthday! You know the race car from the Disney Movie CARS. So off to the store I went in search of a cake pan in the shape of a car. I was quite excited when I saw a cake pan that actually was Lightning McQueen. I like to make the birthday cakes for my kids. My mom always made mine and my friends would always say Wow, your mom made that for you? They were pretty cool cakes! I want to do the same for my boys! They already love it when I make them. The effort is always worth it when their faces light up cuz they can recognize what I am making the cake to look like. So here is what the finished product looked like. I couldn't exactly go pro with my cake decorating skills but the kids think it's great and that's what counts!

So the birthday party is over and there is still so much on my list of things to do. All things I enjoy of course but yet it still makes for a busy life. As you all know, I love to craft. I seem to go in phases with my hobbies. I only seem to be interested in one thing at a time. Right now it's quilting.
In November I started a quilting club with my extended family. A few of us have finished our quilts already but some of us chose to make larger ones so they aren't quite as far ahead. Other that some loose threads and hand stitching, mine is finished. Here is a picture of my sister Natalie's and a picture of mine. Once the others have completed their projects, I'll be posting all of them. They are all going to be sooo amazing.
I decided to sew most of my Christmas presents this year so I hope they will be a success. It's always risky making something for someone cuz you don't know how it's going to turn out till it's done. I figured I'd give it a shot. My sewing machine has just had a service so this week it's going to get a good workout. Please pray that I don't have to haul the seam ripper out too often.
Well, once again it's 12:41am and it's time for me to get some of those precious zzzz's like you are all getting right about now! Tomorrow is Friday! Well actually today is!! Whatever, I love Friday!! Blog ya later!!

1 comment:

Lovella ♥ said...

OK Lori, you are quite the little martha stewart over there. I love your tree and your pose is perfect. I love your new look on your blog and your christmas picture with you family. Wow, what a lot of work you went to for the birthday cake. I'm sure he was proud that his mom could do that. Years from now, he'll still talk about that cake. Good job. OK, I have to go now and do the snipping on my quilt, I just got a ton on incentive. Beautiful job on the quilts, Lori and Natalie.