Tuesday, December 19, 2006

THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVOURITE THINGS PART 2

Six more sleeps till Christmas!!! I'm still sewin my little heart out! I don't have my gifts done yet and the pressure is starting to mount. I know I'll get them done I just can't seem to get myself started into sewing mode till around 9:00pm every night. Then I sew till close to 1:00am. Call me crazy!
Well this is part 2 of My Favourite Things. As you can see, it is a Nativity Scene. Dwain and I received this as a gift from his Grandma and Grandpa the first Christmas we were married. (1994). It has sentimental value to us because the day we got it was the last time we saw Grandma. She unexpectedly passed away 5 days later. She was so excited for us as a newly married couple. I didn't know Grandma very long but she was a special lady. Every year when I put it out I can't help but smile and I think of her. Grandpa has since passed on as well. Dwain was very close with Grandpa as he chicken farmed with him for many years as a young boy and then as a young man. Fond memories of just hangin out with Grandpa in the barns can't help but flood the mind when we take out our Nativity Scene. They had a great love for their family, but most important they had a love for Jesus that shone through them like a light in the darkness. Many grand kids today will never know what it's like to have grandparents like we had. I know they prayed for us all regularly and were passionate about it. Even though they aren't with us anymore we will be forever thankful for the spiritual commitment they had to our entire family. They passed on a great legacy, one that Dwain and I feel blessed to continue.
Merry Christmas Everyone!!

1 comment:

Lovella ♥ said...

Beautifully told. Thank you for sharing that. I know that Grandma and Grandpa would have loved to know you. You are such a "family" girl and that was what they were all about.