Wednesday, December 27, 2006

CHRISTMAS DAY 2006!!


Well another Christmas Day has past! Overall I'd say it was a very relaxing day! We woke up around 8:00am. Dwain lit a fire in the living room and we sat down to open gifts. The kids were really excited this year. Ryan figured that Christmas didn't come when he woke up cuz there wasn't any snow on the ground. A little disappointment to start the day but seeing he had some presents to open all was forgotten quickly. I got fabric to make the boys Christmas quilts for next year. I have got a really neat idea for these quilts and I will share it with you when I start the process. Here's a photo of Christmas morning and my fabric.

Christmas Gift from Dwain

We went over to Dwain's parents place in the late morning where mom made us all a wonderful brunch. We then preceeded to the living room where we opened our gifts. I got fabric for my next years Christmas Quilt for our bed and a few other quilting supplies and gift certificates from my favourite quilt store. Here's a picture of my Christmas Fabric.



We went home mid-afternoon to prepare a turkey dinner for my side of the family. I put the turkey in the oven and had a short nap with the kids. My parents came over around 5:00pm and we ate just after six. It was a delicious meal if I do say so myself. The whole family was here so we took a family photo. Josh is in the red shirt. He's my cousins son but he's considered one of the family. After dinner we opened gifts and guess what I got!! That's right MORE FABRIC!!! YEEEEHAA! Here it is!! This will be for a Fall Quilt for our bed.

Yesterday Dwain's parents came over for lunch. My friend Michelle made me a quiche and so Dad and Dwain went out to do chores and then came in for lunch. It was very tasty Michelle. You're a good cook! Thanks! Tonite we are going out for dinner with my extended family. My grandfather takes us all out for turkey dinner to a local restaurant. It's nice to see all my cousins and aunts and uncles. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

3 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

Oh goody, you are opening up a fabric store. I love all the colors. You must have been so relieved that they were all different. I love the family pictures. Terry said that it looks like Dwain got everything he wanted as well.

Jennie said...

Wow, Lori, seeing all that fabric makes me want to make a quilt too!! Fiona said maybe you could teach me?!

Fiona said...

Hey Lor,
You are too cute. Now Jacob can keep on saying, "This is Mommy's fab-wic." Too cute. BTW, my parents LOVED the quilt. Her words were, "I am just blown away!" I've got video of it, so I'll show you when I get home. Thanks again for your help. You are my teacher and my friend. Love ya!