Tuesday, February 6, 2007

BREAKFAST FOR DINNER

Poor Dwain, he's wishing I was sitting in the living room watching Criminal Minds with him but since he got me set up in this great sewing room with a TV well, this is my hideout. I"ll have to find a nice chair for him so that he can watch TV while I sew and cut out appliques. Here's one I did today.
I got out of the house for 2 hours of me time this afternoon to run some errands before I picked up my girls. It was a nice breath of fresh air. The girls had a great day today! Dwain made breakfast for dinner tonite. That's his specialty. The girls thought it was kind of weird but cool. They had never had a pancake before. They were surprised that it was soft. I don't know what they really expected!
Tomorrow Ryan has pajama day at school. He loves that. He's quite excited to wear his blue sleeper with feet. I wish I had PJ's with feet and a quick flap for nighttime bathroom breaks! I think I should sew myself a pair of those. I wonder if I can find a pattern for adult PJ's with feet.
Well I better checkout! I'm still getting used to being a sudden mom of 4 and I haven't got into a good routine yet. Have a great day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, here I am at 11pm leaving a message on your blog! Breakfast for dinner is a favorite at the Klassen house too!!! Glad you both had such a fabulous time away together, the runners are awesome. You know, I'm not much into quilting but have to say it does inspire me to try when I look at your beautiful works....or maybe I should just leave that to you Lor, you do an amazing job. Love ya, Michelle

Haylee said...

Hey Lori
God has definetly given you the gift of sewing! You have so many pictures of beautiful things you've made. And that quilt you helped Lovella make is so nice. I try to sew but i'm not very good. Your boys are so cute!

Lovella ♥ said...

I know what you mean about feeling guilty in the evenings sitting at the computer or the sewing machine instead of being a sociable soul mate. I'm really trying to curb my hobby addictions in the evening hours. Perhaps there sould be a 12 step program or something for things a woman wants to do in the evening instead of watch TV with her husband. I've even hinted that a laptop might be a good investment. I'm really liking your quilting square. Very nice.
I got my dress cut out and now I'll need to get busy . .sewing.

Lovella ♥ said...

How did pajama day go? I well remember those days breaking up the monotony for our kids. So Dwain know how to make 2 things then, macaroni and weiners and breakfast. Wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lori,

I am totally confused about this whole mother of 4 thing? Who are these girls from China? Why are they there with you? For how long? I'm glad I found your blog. It is very nice hearing about your life on a regular basis! Thanks for starting your blog!
Chrissie