Sunday, February 4, 2007

RAINY DAY SUNDAY

Today was one of those rainy day Sundays ! One of those kinda days when you feel a short nap is needed. So I had one. Dwain went out this afternoon so the boys and I crashed and the girls stayed up and played cards. A quick pizza for supper so as not to make a huge mess in the kitchen and here I am. Sunny and Bonnie are busy with their next project. We stopped off at Michaels Craft Store on the way home from church and they bought some yarn. They are intensley knitting for the first time making a hat for themselves on a round loom. These girls are brilliant. Lastnight I had them playing the memory game. The one where you lay out 30 pairs of the same picture upside down and mix them up and then each player takes a turn and flips two over and tries to find the matching card. They had about 50 cards on the floor and I was watching them and once they saw where one card was they never forgot it. They would count how many spaces in the row the picture of the duck was and the next time someone flipped the other duck card over they new they'd go back to the other row and count in how many spaces flip it over and it was the duck. I was awestruck! Most of the time I couldn't remember that another duck card had even been flipped. I guess I'm getting OLD!!
Today was the last Sunday for me to teach Sunday school in the CBC Chapel. Next week will be our first Church service in our new building. We are all quite excited and looking forward to what God has in store for our new church.
Well gotta go!

1 comment:

Lovella ♥ said...

Oh don't you just love a nap on a rainy sunday? How are the little girls and little boys enjoying one another? They sound like a hoot. With my middle aged memory, they'd skunk me in that game . . I'll play with someone older than me thanks.