Saturday, February 3, 2007

A NEW ROOM AND A VISIT FROM CHINA


Surprise it's a new post!!! Wow we've had a busy month but it's been fun. Dwain and I have been getting our guestroom ready for our girls that were coming from China. The guestroom had turned into my sewing room and so I had alot of things on the go in there and no where to put them. Dwain said he would make the office into sewing room for me and he did just that. I am so psyched to actually use it but I can't seem to find the time to work on any of my projects. I have posted a few pics of my new pad! It's not too shabby if I do say so myself. Note the really cool bookshelf for all my Fat Quarters of fabric.

So this past week Dwain and I had a little getaway in Vancouver. We had such a great time. Gramma and Grandpa took the boys for us and we were off. 2 days away and it seemed like a week! In a good way! What an awesome break. We did a little shoppin. We both got a new pair of runners. Here's a pic of those! Dwain got 3 shirts and a pair of jeans at Old Navy for $25. That's crazy! So we came home Wednesday and finished getting ready for the girls to arrive. Thursday they came. I am so pleased with them. They are very fun girls. They are both 10 years old. Their names are Sunny and Bonnie. I took them to the dollar store in Mission lastnight and they had soo much fun. They came home with a whack of craft stuff. They have literally been busy all day painting, beading and one is trying to crosstitch. I showed them my quilts and now they want to make one. They are very enthusiastic. I think the next several months hold alot of fun for all of us. Here's a pic. Sunny is in the orange and Bonnie in the pink. Welcome to Canada Sunny and Bonnie!!

2 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

Welcome to Canada Sunny and Bonnie. Do they miss home yet? They seem so young to be away. I like the newest color of the blog, it very fresh and spring like. What are you going to do with those running shoes? Run? If they are like mine they don't like to actually run . . just walk. Tell Dwain he did a great job of the room.

Fiona said...

I LOVE the new sewing room. I'm so happy for you. Way to go, Dwainer! I can't wait to see it. And even though Sunny and Bonnie are staying with you, that room will always be MY room to me, but they can borrow it for awhile. :)